Sunday, December 9, 2007

Week 5 Wrapup

This first day after the half-marathon, I had a really hard time even walking on my left foot. I attempted to walk around the block that evening, but I just hobbled around. I tried to jog for a couple of minutes to see if that was any different, and it was worse, so we hobbled back home.

I iced it that night, and the next day it felt better enough to do the normal Tuesday light workout of two minute runs. I iced it again, and by Wednesday I was ready to pick up repeating the previous week's schedule, which was already a repeat of the week before, and which was already another week behind from what that schedule was supposed to be. So now, 5 weeks into my 8 week plan, I'm finally done with week 2 of a 10 week "get into shape for running" schedule.

Somehow, I don't think I'll be able to compress the remaining eight weeks of the schedule into the three weeks left of my goal period. This week, though, we finally felt really good about the running and felt absolutely ready to move on to the next week, and its 5 minute running intervals.

No comments: