Sunday, January 18, 2009

Year 2, Week 11 Wrapup

I still ate a lot this week, but the graph of my weight gain looks slightly better this week. The slope of the line isn't quite as steep. Maybe next week I can plateau, and then the following week start heading down. If I graphed weight gain and miles ran for this month, I think you'd find a not-so-surprising correlation.

Only 14 miles this week. More than last week, but not yet back up to my desired training routine of 25-30/week. The running went okay this week, but my legs and joints have been a little sore. I was planning to do a long run on Saturday, but skipped it to provide a little more rest.

I added up the miles on my shoes, and I'm about at 350 now. So, I could be nearing the end on those. I decided to just stick with what I have (Mizuno Wave Alchemy 8), so I went ahead and ordered two more pairs of them. I don't know if I should just alternate pairs and wear them evenly. Or, maybe I should keep one just for races and speedwork, and put most of the miles on the other pair, demoting the good pair once the heavy-use pair wears out. Ideas?

1 comment:

Supercords said...

I have 3 different pair of road shoes, and 2 different kinds of trail shoes. I rotate through them equally, but currently only trust the NB 903's, so I favor them.

Ideally, I'd like to find two models I trust and rotate back and forth between them. You definitely should be resting your shoes for 24 hours before wearing them again.