Sunday, May 11, 2008

Week 27 Wrapup

I ran 10 miles for the long run this week. For variety, I drove to the snake bridge downtown and ran down the Aviation Highway bike path. I ran from the snake bridge to the corner of Golf Links and Swan and then back. It's a nice trail. There's a lot of trees on the northernmost part, so there's at least some shade. The entire trail goes all the way to Kolb and appears to be about 9 miles long total, so I'll probably come back for more of my long runs.

I lost 3 pounds of water on the long run, but it wasn't quite so alarming since I was peeing normally afterwards. Between the sweating and the post-run poop, I dropped almost 2% of my body weight in 2 hours.

These long runs aren't difficult for me so far except for the morning thing and keeping from getting bored during the long expanse of time. The tempo run midweek is difficult, because it's a lot faster pace and it's sustained. I'm really breathing heavy by the end of that. The speedwork every other week is easier than the tempo run because even though it's faster, it's only a mile or so at a time, and then has jogging between laps.

No comments: