Sunday, February 17, 2008

Week 15 Wrapup

Last week, the most I had ever run at one time (since 2001, that is) was 30 minutes. This week, I ran 3 miles Monday, 4 miles Wednesday, 3 miles Friday, and 5 miles Saturday. The 3 mile run I can do in just shy of 30 minutes, and the 5 mile run was about 53 minutes long. For the math challenged among you, that's way more than the 30 minutes I ran last week.

The remarkable thing about this weeks running is that going up to 5 miles was not really a whole lot harder than running 3 miles. The jump between 3 miles and 5 miles was nowhere near as difficult as the jump from 3 minutes to 5 minutes. It's really enlightening to look back and see that there was this definite "wall" separating us from our goal, and that it really took perseverance and tenacity and all that stuff to break through the wall. Now that we've broken through, I feel like this week more than any other before really shows me what I've accomplished.

Since I can do 3 miles in just under 30 minutes, all I have to do is squeeze an extra .11 miles in there and I've beaten my 5k goal. I'll just need to find a race to go to sometime in the next couple of weeks to make it official, at which point I can set my sights on the 10k.

For what it's worth, my spreadsheet gives me weekly averages as well:

Average weight: 205.7
Average systolic pressure: 138.4
Average diastolic pressure: 90.2

No comments: