Sunday, February 10, 2008

Week 14 Wrapup

So, this week, I succeeded in finally being able to run 30 minutes without stopping, not once, but all four scheduled times. This means I have officially accomplished my original goal. I win. I have defeated the running schedule. It's only four weeks behind what the original schedule had planned, and six weeks longer than I had even planned to be on the program, but I defeated it all the same.

At this point, I will keep running to try to defeat the 5k and the 10k. I will also sometime in the next few weeks make an appointment with the Dr. to check everything out again, since that was the whole point of starting to run in the first place.

I also added 30 pushups to my routine each day that I run. I never would think of doing pushups if I had to fit them in before bed or after I wake up or something. But, after I run, I'm already sweaty and tired, and an extra 30 pushups isn't going to hurt anything, right? We'll see how long that lasts...

No comments: