Sunday, November 11, 2007

Week 1 Wrapup

This week's exercise was really light, just to get my feet used to hitting the pavement again, and get my tendons and ligaments and muscles all sort of stretching again. I've really been sedentary for a long time, and running 1 minute stretches is not too much, but is definitely stretching my abilities a little.

I should mention we have the world's crappiest scale. It's digital, and it's new enough to use strain gauges instead of whatever they used before. However, it can't give me a consistent reading. I could step on it 5 times, and get a reading that varies up to six pounds from the lowest to highest reading. Each reading you see here is actually the average of about ten repeated attempts. Also, it's super creaky when I step on it which only serves to hurt my self esteem. I shall replace it as soon as I find a new one that's accurate yet doesn't cost a lot.

No comments: