Saturday, November 3, 2007

Format

The format of this program is as follows: Every day I will do some form of exercise, usually running. The amount of running I do will increase along a predetermined schedule. Sundays are a day of rest, with no exercise.

I'm not "going on a diet" or otherwise making major changes to my diet. I am making the following minor changes, however: Non-diet soda will be limited to 12 ounces per day. Each day I will attempt to include 1 serving of milk or other dairy product, and 1 serving of fruits or vegetables beyond what might be normally included in my meals. I will also try not to eat like a pig or eat so much that I make myself sick.

I will measure my weight every morning, usually just before showering. I will take my blood pressure every morning, as soon after waking up as possible.

I will post here my log for each day. Each day's entry will include my weight, my blood pressure, what I ate for that day, and what exercise I did that day. The food log will include most everything I eat, but since I usually have a bottle of Gatorade after every run, I will just assume that and will not bother entering that. I will usually not put serving sizes unless they differ from what a big hungry guy like myself would normally eat. For example, if I put "steak", that probably means like a 12-14 ounce steak, not 4 ounces or whatever the recommended serving size is. If I say "half a serving", that's half one of my servings, not half a normal serving.

I'll do this for eight weeks, measuring my testosterone before, halfway through, and at the conlusion. I'll also remeasure all my cholesterol, triglycerides, ALT, etc. afterwards.

No comments: