Sunday, March 29, 2009

Year 2, Week 21 Wrapup

This is the week that I was finally going to start running again after taking three weeks off for my knee. I was going to start on Monday, but I was really busy making dinner that evening, and we've committed to having family home evening more regularly, so I didn't end up going out that day.

On Tuesday evening, I was all ready to go out, but then I burned the crap out of my hand on a pan in the oven and didn't feel like it anymore. I didn't want my hand to be throbbing from the burn while the rest of me was throbbing from running pain.

On Wednesday, I finally got out running for my first run in 3 1/2 weeks. The good news is that my knee didn't hurt, but the bad news is that everything else did. I was sore all over, especially in every joint, and it felt more difficult than it should have for being only 5 miles. But, I never felt like I couldn't finish or anything.

I did another 5 on Thursday with much the same result.

Then, on Saturday, I drove down to Sahuarita to run 16 miles with Jimmy. The 16 was a lot harder than my 16 I did 4 weeks prior, and I was really out of gas for the last 2 miles, but I finished and wasn't in too much pain afterwards, so I think I'm going to come out of this okay.

I will say this: Nothing in my life has ever tasted as good as the McDonald's breakfast deluxe (eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, pancakes) that I had in the car on the way back from the 16 miler in Sahuarita.

No comments: